Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Tiara at a baby shower? You betcha!

I posted earlier about how I walked in to my baby shower and found the beautiful rocker in the center of the room from Billy's grandparents.  What I failed to mention is that there was a tiara - yes, a tiara - sitting on it.  I was taken aback because, although I haven't been to many baby showers, I had never seen a babyshower-themed tiara.  I have, however, been to several bridal showers and have seen tiaras at those.  I was half expecting to see a necklace of small babies or having to wear a diaper or something (just like bachelorettes have to wear necklaces with penises on them or a veil).  I was also half expecting (and half hoping for...just kidding) male strippers in diapers or bibs.  :)

You can find this and other great phallic decorations here.  :) 

Really glad we didn't have one of these at the shower.

I think the tiara said "Mom To Be" or something like that.  This was my expression when I saw that someone had gotten a set of fuzzibunz cloth diapers for me!

This is me being all teacher-y: I made a baby shower quiz.  It was like 20+ questions (a bit of an overkill, I know) but I was proud of it and I did give out prizes for those who got the most correct answers.  What can I say?  I'm a natural educator.  

Billy (awww...look at the way he's looking at me :)), me, Grandma Donna, and Grandpa Bruce.  Btw, Donna and I totally coordinated outfits.

Cute family, eh?  I really wish my mom and members of my family lived closer so that they could have been here to celebrate with us, but having Donna and Bruce around has been fantastic!  And yes, Billy is about to take a bite out of my gut.  


1 comment:

  1. I have a picture of Billy looking at you with admiration also!

    ReplyDelete