Monday, July 5, 2010

Ancient History: Pre-adolescence

I promised a long time ago that I would post pictures of me and Billy as kids.  So, here are a few that I thought were worth sharing (and laughing at).

We both went through kind of an awkward phase:

You really can't tell in this pic, but I have really little bangs with the whole "fan-wave" on the top.  

 That's Billy with a Jazz basketball player.  Yeah...pretty awkward phase.

Awkward phases are fantastic!  I barely even knew I was going through one when I was younger (thank God) and only realized it as an adult when I looked back at all my pictures from the 90s.  Nacho will undoubtedly go through an awkward phase and I can't WAIT to document it all.  I'm going to be the most obnoxious mom, the kind that takes way too many pictures of her kid.  I can't WAIT to pick out his clothes and then have him tell me that he's old enough to do it himself.  It's so funny how kids cycle through the same steps (utter devotion to complete embarrassment of you) today as they did several years ago.  They're so predictable, it makes me laugh.  I'm totally looking forward to all those awkward hormonal changes (only if it's a boy...if Nacho's a girl, that's something that I'm definitely not looking forward to because other boys will be undergoing hormonal changes at the same time AND I was such a little brat to my parents when I was going through puberty.) 


1 comment:

  1. Interesting how "awkward phase" translates into "adorable little girl" for Scarlett and "may have an extra 21st chromosome" for me...I love it.

    ReplyDelete