Wednesday, May 26, 2010

I love adorable, bald, round-headed babies

I was born with a lot of hair.  I mean a lot.  My mom says that she could pull it down over my eyes shortly after I was born.  Of course, it all ended up falling out shortly thereafter and I had this look going on for months:


I'm sure my mom was petrified to leave the house with me looking like that. 

I've always been fascinated with blond babies.  All of my little brothers had hair and their scalps were not visible.  There's just something about a bald, round baby head that makes you want to touch it and kiss it and snuggle up to it.  It's like those really short, bald, old men who have the liver spots.  I always have the urge to tap their heads.

The cutest baby head I've ever seen belongs to Quinn, one of my professor's baby.  He is probably the most easygoing, sweetest baby ever and I absolutely adore holding him when I babysit for her. 


This is Christy.  She's an epidemiologist at the University of Utah and has been such a great source of advice (and maternity clothes!)  She is one of the leaders of La Leche League (check the blog out: http://lllofslc.wordpress.com ) and just one of the smartest women...people, really...I know.

I mean, c'mon.  Look at his perfectly-rounded head!

Quinn and I at Pat's Philly Cheesesteak place in Philly.  

Quinn in a breastmilk coma in Philly.  Again, look at his perfectly-shaped head.  

Billy was a baldy, too.  I've never, ever in all my life of considering my future babies, thought that I would ever have a blond, blue-eyed baby (partly because I've never been around blond, blue-eyed babies much and partly because if I had one, I'd look like its nanny and not its mom).  But I'm kinda excited to see if the baby would come out sporting dark locks like I did or if he would come out as bald as Patrick Stewart (Capt. Jean-Luc Picard from Star Trek: The Next Generation). 

2 comments:

  1. Quinn's mom here -- he has what is known as a 'breech baby head'. It wasn't mashed into my pelvis. Hence, lovely shape.

    ReplyDelete
  2. cute baby!!!

    i thought alex would be dripping in hair and she's bald! and she has greeny-bluey-gray eyes. i also thought she would have dark brown eyes. they started out blue. really blue. and now they're looking pretty green and depending on what she's wearing, sometimes blue. i totally look like the nanny. it's a running joke around here.

    ReplyDelete