Saturday, May 1, 2010

Fancy pants

Well, skirts really.

Billy needed some shopping therapy one day.  We wanted to buy him some nice clothes that he could wear while in Denmark.  We were up at the Park City outlets and had looked at the Gap, Banana Republic, and J.Crew stores.  He ended up buying 3 new pairs of really stylish pants.  I was really happy because it is few and far between when I'm able to buy 3 pairs of anything that I like. 

We went to Express in order to buy him some nice button-up shirts.  "Express???" I asked him.  "I thought only...you know...gay guys and douchebags shopped at Express."  Billy laughed and said "I like the shirts!"  So we went.  I used to buy a lot of Express stuff when I was younger.  I even had an Express credit card (bad idea).  When I walked in, I longingly gazed at the cute, girly, frilly clothes all brightly colored and laid out for me to peruse.  I closed my eyes, took a deep breath, and walked over to the men's section. 

While Billy was looking, I took in my surroundings.  Guys like this swarmed the place:

It cracked me up. 

I started walking away from the men's section (so as not to be so rude) and walked towards the women's section.  I saw these long dresses that would have been perfect for me and my condition, but were ultimately (as many pieces of clothing are) too long for me.  I gave up hope...

until I saw this:

It looks short, but I have short legs, so it actually is a bit more modest.

What drew me to it is that it's a skirt that falls above the knee AND it's got an elastic waistband.  Meaning, when I tried it on, it fit perfectly right below my belly.  I almost fainted I was so happy.  Real clothes!!!  I couldn't believe it.  Billy must have seen how much it lifted my spirits that he went and bought it for me.  

So, to all my preggo friends out there, branch out from Gap Maternity once in a while and see what kinds of real clothes you could buy that you could possibly wear later :)

No comments:

Post a Comment