Thursday, January 14, 2010

Reaction Posts: Sherrie Staley


A while ago, before we got pregnant, Billy and I decided that it was time that he meet my dear mother and beloved family in West Palm Beach, Florida.  As soon as we found out I was pregnant (2 days after Thanksgiving), we decided that our trip would be a great time to tell my family.  Our flight was very early in the morning, so we asked Sherrie, our lovely friend and frequent housesitter, if she could take us to the airport and housesit for us.  She obliged.  She drove up to our place at 6:45 in the morning, bleary-eyed and tired, and started driving us to the airport.  We started just chatting about the weather, our trip, etc, and then I finally spit it out:

Me: "Guess what?  I'm pregnant."
Sherrie, driving, turns over and looks at me: "What?"
Me: "I'm pregnant.  About 6 weeks along."
Sherrie, still looking at me: "You're ****ing kidding me.  You're ****ing kidding me."
Me, a little scared: "No.  I promise."
Sherrie: "But you never wanted any kids!  Now I know why you had all those pregnancy books and magazines lying around."
Me: "I wanted you to start getting used to the idea."
Sherrie: "You know my mom always said it would have been a waste if you never had kids."

No comments:

Post a Comment