Thursday, January 14, 2010

Reaction Posts: Christina Kaip

Oh, Kaip.  My dear BFF Kaip. 

So, Kaip has a knack for knowing that something's wrong right away, even though she's thousands of miles away.  I've had to tell her EVERYTHING in the past few years because she knows when I'm lying or when I'm sad or when I'm super excited. 

So, I call her up one night and we're just chatting about our day and the funny thing so-and-so did and there's a pause. 


Kaip: "What?"
Me: "Ummm..."
Kaip: "Oh God."
Me: "I'm pregnant."
Kaip: "(sigh) Who can I tell?"
Me: "No one."
Kaip: "Why does everyone always do this to me!  I hate having to hear people's stories over and over and not tell everyone that I know already."

I told her she couldn't tell anyone and she agreed, but grudgingly. 

She's been a great friend and even though she claims to be so exasperated about it all the time, she's truly happy for us.  She is one of the best friends we could have and although she's not thrilled about having another friend who is going to have a baby shower and then a baby (she spends lots of money on gifts for the thousands of friends and friends' babies she has), she is genuinely very happy for us. 

No comments:

Post a Comment