Saturday, January 30, 2010

Reaction Posts: Jennifer Miller

I've known Jen for 10 years now. We met on the Dance Team in college and she was everything I was not: tall, skinny, and blonde. Jen has never wanted to have kids. She's content seeing them from afar, but she'd rather give birth to a baby orangutan than to a human baby any day of the week. We'd often joke with her that we wouldn't give her our kids to babysit because she'd end up pouring concrete on them and using them as yard statues. However, she is one of my closest friends and her involvement in my life wasn't going to stop just because I was having a baby.

When I decided to break the news to her, she was, surprisingly, very happy for me and told me that this happened because my "body knew that it was supposed to make this baby with the person you love." I couldn't have described getting pregnant in a more special and beautiful way. I'm excited to have her go on this journey with me and am thrilled that my dogs will have a comrade-in-arms to ease them into a life where they're no longer my first priority. Love you, Jen!



This is Jen with her sweet, sweet Malcolm.  Malcolm loves nesting in Kaip's boobs.


 

But definitely not in Billy's.

No comments:

Post a Comment