Monday, September 20, 2010

My sleeping schedule

My sleeping schedule is messed up.  Since I try to take naps when Desmond does, especially in the morning, I'm super awake at night.  So, last night, at 3:13 in the morning, I'm trying to run around and sort 3-6 month-old clothes, sterilize the hand pump, finish the homework I've gotta do, and wash some dishes, when I see this:


Everyone and their husband always remark on how much Desmond looks exactly like Billy.  I always feel left out ("Hey!  I AM his mom, I'm not the nanny, and I'm not his stepmom!"), but when I see the both of them together, I realize that it really makes me happy that Desmond looks exactly like Billy (and exactly like Billy did when he was a baby, except Desmond's a bit more yellow like me). 

Here's a text I received from my brother last night:

Babies look a lot like the father for the first year of life.  It's an evolutionary thing to prevent fathers from abandoning their young. 

So, here's to hoping that Billy has evolved enough to not want to abandon his fussy child and even fussier girlfriend and here's to a messed up sleep schedule in exchange for capturing those beautiful moments.

No comments:

Post a Comment