Friday, September 10, 2010

Fancy bags...

Several times a year, I do an assessment in my head about what I would take with me if my house were burning down (in no order of importance): Desmond, the dogs, my laptop, and pictures.  I just did another reassessment and have added one more thing to my list: my diaper bags. 

We have two bags: one's a manper bag and the other one is a much fancier bag.  The manper bag we got as a shower gift.  It's made out of recycled plastic and it's orange with a brown interior.  This is the bag we use when Billy and I are out and about and he has to hold Desmond's stuff. 

However, when I have to hold a bag, I hold this:

This was a gift from my little brother John and his girlfriend, Katie.  Katie is a designer at Kate Spade, so she gets major hookups.  Beside my laptop and my engagement ring, this is probably the most expensive thing I own.  John and Katie lovingly shipped it in this huge box and inside the box was this diaper bag in another bag, like how expensive shoes come in a bag.  

So, thank you, John and Katie, for giving me what is probably the fanciest gifts I've ever received.  I feel really posh when I wear it and wish I had fancier things to go to.  Hmmm...now that John lives in Brooklyn with Katie, maybe they could take me and Des out for a night on the town where I could wear a dress and maybe some heels and this bag.  Just a thought.

Too cool for me...ah, to be young again :)

No comments:

Post a Comment