Tuesday, April 20, 2010

TOMS shoes

So, I've seen the commercials on TV and we even talked about TOMS shoes in our ethics class when we discussed Private Organization Philanthropy. For those of you who don't know, TOMS shoes is a company that sells funny looking shoes (they're based on the Argentine alpargata shoe) and for each shoe you buy, they give one to a child in a developing country.

 Argentine shoes.
TOMS shoes.

When John and Katie came out to visit, I took them to the trendy chic shopping district, 9th and 9th.  We went into this store which was totally hipster and had shirts that cost 10% of what I make in 2 weeks, so I immediately started heading out when, all of a sudden, I spotted these weirdo looking shoes.  What caught my eye was the very tip of them: they were flat, like pointe shoes!  I ventured further into hipster-ville to look at these shoes.  "hmmm...definitely not my style," I thought to myself.   I started walking away and I yelled to Billy, as he was walking out the door, "WAIT!...I kinda want these."  He looked at me and smiled.  I ran to the corner of the store where they were displayed and tried a pair on.  

And I fell in love.



My feet had never felt such comfort.  It was better than walking barefoot on a memory-foam mattress.  I bought them.  $44 bucks for the canvas grey slip-ons.  Pretty spendy for a pair of shoes, but I rationalized it by thinking that I REALLY only paid 22 bucks for it and then donated 22 bucks to a little kid out there running around barefoot and getting foot fungi.  It made me feel better.  I whipped out my debit card and paid for it.

I think I've worn them 6 out of the 7 days every week.  They are the best pregnancy shoes ever!  AND, the inner sole is made out of a material that doesn't make your feet stink!!!  Hooray for TOMS!  



1 comment:

  1. look how cute you are!!

    and i keep noticing that you refer to little nacho (btw...how cute is that!) as a 'he'. do you know something?

    p.s. i really want those shoes!

    ReplyDelete