Monday, April 26, 2010

Holy crap, it happened! Part 2

Immediately thereafter, I called my mom to tell her and she says: "I never got 7 things of flowers," "man! that gringo's romantic," and "Make sure to give him lots of kisses and hugs and....and...you know what."  After that, we walk into the bedroom so that I could figure out what to wear for our dinner date (that he kept a secret).  As I walk in, I see this on the bed:


Billy had bought a black Gap maternity dress for me to wear that evening.  It was short and tight in all the right places and was probably the most comfortable dress I've ever worn.  I was shocked!  Not only did he orchestrate this surprise the whole day, he actually picked a dress out that I really, really liked. 

I LOVE that the bigger my belly gets, the smaller my boobs look...yes!

I loved the dress so much, he's going to buy me one (I hope!) for my birthday!
He then took me to the Log Haven, which was voted most romantic restaurant in SLC.  We had a wonderful time and ate the most delicious dinner.  I still haven't stopped looking at my ring and can't wait to grow old(er) with this amazing, beautiful, perfect man.  I'm so lucky to be this much in love and this happy.  

Ok, I promised myself I wouldn't spend more than 5 lines gushing, so I'll stop there.

To sum it all up, Billy lied very convincingly to me all day to make this happen: he had been staying late some nights last week to paint the wall hanging; he never went to the schools that day (he was riding around town taking polaroids of some of the places where we had our first dates); he changed his pants because he wanted to wear a suit when he proposed; he did not have a cold...he was wearing the jacket because he didn't want me to see his shirt and tie; he was sweating profusely in the jacket but still drank the hot chocolate in order to convince me; he wanted me to tuck him in so that I could see his handiwork; he ran into our bedroom right away so that he could put his suit jacket on; and he had bought my ring 3 weeks beforehand, so when I was dropping all the hints, he had already had it hidden in his office.  He's an amazing liar and I forgive him for it, but I hope he doesn't do make a habit of lying like this :)
Polaroid that Billy took of me after he proposed.  You can't really see in the picture, but my mascara is running down my face and my nose is running from all the crying.  

So, this may not be a surprise to all of you, but it kind of was to me.  Billy and I already knew we were going to get married eventually, but we had never really discussed at length about making it "official" so I was completely taken aback.  As far as setting a date, we've got more pressing things on our mind, but are thinking in about 2 years, which allows for me to give birth, us to move next summer, Billy to complete 1 year of school, and, most importantly, me getting back to my pre-pregnancy shape :)

7 comments:

  1. congratulations!!! that is THE cutest proposal story ever! you look amazing and the ring is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations!!!! That was super sweet. Kudos to Billy :) You are both two very lucky people to have each other :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! We raised a pretty romantic son. And you both are going to make an honest grandma out of me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. John called me earlier and told me the good news! I'm so excited for you and Billy! I waited till the end of the day to read your post because I knew I was going to get emotional. I love this kinda stuff.

    Nice job Billy!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww...thanks, everyone. He's a great guy and lucky to have me (ha!).

    Um, Donna and Katie, I've noticed that you're not followers and I think you should be. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sweetie, I am so happy for you and Billy! This really just made my night :) I love you (both of you), but especially you!

    You look radiant in all the pictures and the ring is beyond words...you've got yourself a wonderful man, which you more than deserve!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sweetie, I am so happy for you and Billy! This really just made my night :) I love you (both of you), but especially you!

    You look radiant in all the pictures and the ring is beyond words...you've got yourself a wonderful man, which you more than deserve!

    ReplyDelete