Friday, April 9, 2010

Billy's new addiction

So, now that we're proper homebodies, we spend our Friday nights catching up on the week's American Idol show.  I almost had to bend billy's arm backward to get him to watch the show, although I will admit, I haven't watched it since the first season, but he's sooooo into it right now.  He'll sometimes get vociferously upset at what Simon or Randy are saying (he's got a crush on Ellen, so he doesn't ever get upset about what she says) and he'll give his own comments during and directly after a performance.  We've really enjoyed watching this season because there are some great, organic, different performers than what's been the norm.  I mean, Crystal Bowersox is amazing. 

Anyhow, tonight was the Lennon-McCartney night and Simon has been particularly nice about the people's performance.  After Casey James's gorgeous rendition of "Jealous Guy,"  and after he received his feedback from Simon, Bill turns to me and says:

"God.  What's Simon taking?  Ecstasy?" 

I love my American-Idol-loving boyfriend.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you're watching!! I think (other than Bowersox and occasionally a few others) the talent is actually really low this year though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! I freakin' cackled when I read what Bill said about Simon on Ecstasy! Too funny!

    ReplyDelete