Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Sage advice from someone near and dear...

I received this email in my inbox this morning and it brought a smile to my weary, tired face.  I copy it below for your enjoyment :)

  I read this in a book yesterday and I don't think they can publish it if it isn't true.  I know you're a scientist and you've got that milk league and all but one can't be too careful.  And I sure don't mean to stick my nose where it doesn't belong, especially there, but I feel obligated to pass this along.  It's from a story set in 1818 but I think babies are still babies and not all that much has changed.  So here 'tis;

  "She has to tell them how you must put a little salt in the baby's first milk, just place a few grains on your finger and squeeze a drop or two of milk onto it and let the child swallow that before you put it to the breast.  Without this precaution there is a good chance that it will grow up half-witted."
 
  None of us want any more half wits, either in the family or out.  No need to thank me, I'm just glad I found the information in time to prevent another "special" child.  Have a nice day.



1 comment:

  1. You could just do the "Magarita with Salt" thing instead of putting a few grains on your finger....

    ReplyDelete