Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Forming my own Dance Krew

Billy and I (well, me more so than Bill) are fans of the MTV show ABDC (America's Best Dance Crew).  I love watching all of these super amazing and talented people come on the show and do some of the craziest dance moves ever.  My favorites this season are:




Jungle Boogie:  The chick kills it.


Poreotix: They are so much fun to watch!


Heavy Impact: I love the fact that all these guys are quite large.  They get off the floor faster than I can get out of my seat!  Definitely gives me the push I need to say, "So, I can't see my feet because my boobs and belly get in the way and my lower back kills every day, but if they can dance that hard and make it look easy, I can definitely take my 30 minute walk each day."

I've decided that when Nacho is born, I'm going to teach him (or possibly her) how to hip-hop dance.  My kid's gonna be the shit: popping and locking, krumping, b-boying, and turfing.  As one of my coworkers says, "he's gonna ROCK IT."  Just like this kid:


And I know Billy doesn't approve (yet), but I'd totally love to put little Nacho in some ballet classes, even if it does turn out to be a boy.  You can never go wrong with a little bit of classical training, I mean, I turned out alright.


So, anybody got suggestions for names for my "crew" consisting of me, Billy, Little Nacho, and Pirate (if he passes the audition, that is)? 

3 comments:

  1. What about the Jump Rope crew? They're awesome AND they jump rope.

    And ballet for little boy Nacho? That means we'll have to also force him into some ultra macho activity to cancel it out and allow him to exist at a high school. Maybe cage-fighting would do the trick?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not only should little boy nacho go to ballet but he should also learn to knit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pirate will definitely pass and you can include me too! :)
    And I fully support the ballet classes for the little guy!

    ReplyDelete