Monday, March 15, 2010

Introducing Nacho the ninja!!!

So, I've been feeling Nacho move for a while now...just little zingers here and there.  However, last night was the first time that I have ever felt him react to my pokings and proddings. 

So here's what went down:

Since a few weeks ago, I've been sleeping with what Bill and I lovingly refer to as "The Monster Pillow."  It is a Leachco body pillow perfect for sleeping on your back and side.

 As you can probably tell, this monster is huge and takes up more than half of our queen-sized bed.

Since sleeping with the monster pillow effectively makes it like Bill and I sleep in separate beds, I decided to set it aside for a while and cuddle.  I was lying on my side when all of a sudden, I feel a discomfort on my right side.  I roll on my back, thinking it may be gas, and I can't toot and the feeling doesn't go away.  I reach down to press on my side thinking that will move the gas bubble along its way, when, all of a sudden, I felt a bump.  Before I could process that there was an unnatural bump in my right lower quadrant, it punched me back!!!  We like to say he karate chopped me...ask Billy to show you what he thinks Nacho's doing.



It was surreal.  I've never felt any movement in my body that I didn't cause.  It was totally like that scene from Alien.


I swear to God the bump felt like that.  Anyhow, Billy was sad that he couldn't get to feel it.  We poked and prodded for a while but got frustrated because Nacho was giving us the finger and staying still.   However, I felt it and I love just lying still, trying to feel those minute movements inside of me and I hope that he gets into the weirdo position again so that I could feel him react.  This is probably in the top 20 best things in my life that has ever happened to me (number 1 is eating that delicious baked sweet potato with all the cinnamon and butter from Lone Star...remember, Annie?  That guy used to work there and bring us leftovers all the time?)

1 comment:

  1. Ryan, yes, of course. I always wondered whether or not it would have been worth it to date him for all the free sweet potatoes...

    Anyway, it weirded me out how you called Billy "Bill" throughout that entire post. Do you do that often? Can I always call him Billy and never Bill??

    SO exciting that you felt Nacho kick! Wait til you can make out knuckles. It gets so much stranger...

    ReplyDelete