Wednesday, October 13, 2010

You're better off letting your baby eat off the toilet...maybe.

You're better off letting your baby eat off the toilet...maybe.

As a student of public health (I dare not call myself a public health professional...yet), I would be remiss if I didn't let you in on this little gem of a study (the link above takes you to http://furthertheless.com, a blog that I'm starting to contribute to.  It's pretty cool and a lot fancier than my little ol' blog.  Check it out :)).

The people over at Microban ("global leader of antimicrobial technology") funded and implemented a study that showed that there are more fecal bacteria on some restaurant high chairs than there are on public toilet seats. I'm not the "keep my kid in a bubble" mom. I think a healthy exposure to germs is healthy for Desmond, but this is one example where I'd advocate the use of sanitizing wipes to wipe off the seat.

Another huge cesspool of fecal bacteria?  The ball pools that are found at chuck e. cheese's and mcdonald's.  Blech.


Solution?  Portable high chair that you could take with you and clean yourself.  Genius.  Makes it so that your kid isn't eating crap...literally. 

No comments:

Post a Comment