Monday, October 18, 2010

Best treat for a baby shower...

These are soooo creepy.  Could you imagine if someone offered you a cupcake with a fetus face on it? 

Find more images like this HERE.

On another note, I used to think baby showers were kind of weird and felt badly about accepting gifts from people for my baby.  However, I have since changed my mind, since we received several great gifts for Desmond that have certainly proved useful.  What I would like to say to people thinking about going to a baby shower is to think about bringing a gift that is useful to the mom.  EVERYBODY else is going to bring baby clothes, blankets, play stuff for the baby, which is FANTASTIC, but I really appreciated the breastfeeding paraphernalia that my friends gave me.  Consider a gift certificate to a place like lactation station where the mom can buy herself a nursing bra (they're expensive!) or nursing pads or a boppy (those crescent-shaped pillows that help with nursing).  I'm sure she'll appreciate it, especially if she has problems with nursing at the beginning. 

No comments:

Post a Comment