Sunday, October 10, 2010

Best weekend in a loooong time

It's been 9.5 weeks since I've had Desmond and I finally feel like we've fallen into a rhythm.  I haven't cried in weeks, I don't dread nursing him (sometimes, I even look forward to our alone time together), and I know what to do to soothe him...sometimes.  I'm living a pretty fulfilled and, dare I say, blessed life (Billy and I would always roll our eyes at the people who would say that they were "blessed."  Now we understand where they're coming from just like we understand where people are coming from when they say that the best thing that ever happened to them was their children.  Sappy, sap, sap...)

So, while I was studying for my general exam, I would get together with my friends Ann and smarty-pants Andy once a week to go over the material, eat, and chat.  We took a break after the test but have recently resumed our get-togethers.  We meet twice a month at a coffee shop around the valley and do our work, eat, and chat.  This weekend we went to The Greenhouse Effect and I brought along Billy and my little shadow, Desmond. 

Greenhouse Effect on 3231 South 900 East

I had a very delicious savory crepe with pesto and chicken.  Just in case you go and wanna know what to get.  Anyhow, it's always so nice to meet with friends...It makes me feel like a functioning part of society.  Just last week I had dinner with two of my great friends, Sherrie and Rebecca, and I did my hair, put some makeup on, and donned a nice shirt (I still wore maternity pants, though, so it wasn't a KILLER outfit).  We went and dined in Mazza and had delicious Middle Eastern food and I had two glasses of shiraz.  We decided to meet twice a month to help restore my sanity (on another divergent note, is anyone going to the rally to restore sanity here in SLC?)...better than taking pills, right?  

Anyhow, as I was talking to Ann at the coffeshop, she mentioned how she was up at Park City at the outlets and got 3 pairs of boots for the price of one.  3 for 1!!!  I almost passed out.  She showed me her kick-ass boots and I looked over at Billy, with "please, please, please" in my eyes, and he smiled.  Yes!  So, we went to Park City and I bought myself 3 great new pairs of boots all for $120!  Billy got a pair of boat shoes and 2 nice pairs of dress shoes.  Six pairs of shoes for about $240.  Unbelievable.  Billy, surprisingly, wanted to shop for more stuff.  He joked that here he was, a man wearing a baby who wanted to keep on shopping when his girlfriend just wanted to go home.  Weird, right?   
Desmond ready for a shopping spree. 

PLUS! I bought two pairs of real-people jeans from Old Navy for $16 each!!!  Old Navy is having a super sale for it's something anniversary and all of their jeans were $16.  I was this close to getting a pair of jeggings (jean leggings...yes, it exists) but I had some crazy muffin-topness going on and decided that I need to lose a few more pounds before I can squeeze my rotund abdomen into them.  Anyway, most important part is that I bought two pairs of real people jeans, albeit at a size I've never worn before, but that's alright, because it's been like 10 months since I've worn regular jeans!  My jeans have zippers!  I actually went to the bathroom, having to pee like all get out, and tried to pull my pants down as if they had a stretchy waistband.  When I realized that I couldn't pull them down without unzipping them, I did a little pee dance of joy before I unzipped them and did my business.  

New boot cut non-maternity pants with a real waist!

Desmond at Old Navy helping me shop.  He's currently that size where his newborn onesies look like muscle shirts but the 3 months clothes is a tad bit too big.  Very few of his hats fit, but I think it's because Des has a very narrow head :)

After we went to Park City, we stopped by Billy's parents' house, where Bruce (Billy's dad) was hanging out all by himself (Donna, Billy's mom, is out of town).  We made Rob Roy (a cocktail made out of whiskey, bitters, and sweet vermouth) and just hung out.  Today, Billy made a killer breakfast and I tried to use up all of our CSA apples.  



 I made an apple cobbler and apple bread with about 1/3 of the apples.  I'm looking into making apple butter with the rest of the apples...But I think I'll stop there.  I'm starting to feel too pioneer womanish for my taste. 

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad the boots and coffee shop banter could make your day! (It made mine, too :)

    ReplyDelete