Monday, October 11, 2010

Desmond's genetics

So, since everyone says that Desmond looks so much like Bill, I naturally try to look for features from my side of the family.  He's definitely got a Del Castillo chin (my maternal grandmother's surname is Del Castillo):

Desmond's godfather and my uncle Angel with the characteristic Del Castillo chin.

 Similar chins?  He's got this huge fat pad that sits on top of his chin bone.

Desmond's face is also very long and lean.  He hasn't filled out like most babies his age (that I've noticed) and I hope that it's due more to his Toca genes than for lack of calories (Toca is my mother's father's surname).  

This is my momma for her first communion in Santo Domingo.  She was probably around 7 in this picture.  Look at how long and oval her face is!  She's beautiful!

Seriously, he's got the longest, narrowest face ever!

But overall, I think he looks like Billy.  Just like everyone says.  

Billy and Desmond have the same exact hairline.  It cracks me up.  
Even their ears kind of look alike.

 Look at those cheeks and that bald head!  Billy at about 1 month of age.

See how much chubbier he is than Desmond?  Des is almost 2.5 months old now and doesn't rival these cheeks...

Oh my gosh...I love, love, love this picture.  My boyfriend is so freaking adorable...Billy's about 4 or 5 in this picture and he's holding his little baby brother Dan.  Come to think of it, Desmond and Dan do look a LOT alike.  Hmmm...

This is me and my grandmother (notice her chin)...
Same facial expressions?

 I lost most of my hair as a baby.  I don't think my mother was too happy about it.  This is one of the rare pictures I have of myself without hair and hanging out in public.

Female pattern baldness?

1 comment:

  1. I LOVED this post! That picture of your mother as a young mom is so incredibly gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete