Sunday, October 3, 2010

Desmond's first movie: Salt

Since Billy finished one application to graduate school, we decided to celebrate by taking a drive up Millcreek Canyon to look at the beautiful fall leaves.  We then went and took some pictures at a pumpkin patch in Sandy (Farnsworth Farms and Cider Mills).  Desmond picked out his very first pumpkin ( a little mini one) and we had some delicious unpasteurized apple cider (don't worry...we toured the facilities.  It looked reputable). 

Desmond FREAKS out when the sun hits his face.

Sometimes I treat him like he's a doll, putting him in the most silly, uncomfortable poses ever.

This is Desmond about to take a bite out of his poor cousin Nico's head.

I love dressing up my little man.  I saw this blog post about this woman who had a "Little Man Tea Party" for her two sons.  It was adorable!  They had little mustaches drawn on them and wore little teeny ties and striped pants.  I loved it.  Except that it made me feel like a lazy-ass mom.  This lady must have 28 hours in her day or smokes meth because I don't understand how she can raise two boys and do all of the really creative things she does.  Check out her blog at your own peril...it will make you feel kinda inadequate...

We ended the night by going to the dollar theatres in Sugarhouse to watch Salt.  I would watch anything with Angelina Jolie in it.  We packed the diaper bag; I grabbed my to-go coffee mug filled with my coffee cubes, chocolate/regular milk mix, and a dash of Bailey's (what?  we're celebrating); and Billy threw on the sleepy wrap.  We paid 4 bucks to see the movie and Desmond was soooo good throughout the whole thing.  The second he started fussing, Billy offered him a bottle (I had pumped right before we left) and he ended up drinking 4 oz!  Unbelievable, considering that I usually get about 3 oz from my left and about 1.5 oz on my right breast.  

Helping me with Mommy Time...

2 comments:

  1. Yes! Kaip is finally able to voice her opinion on Desmond's pants, hair, face, and my parenting skills!

    Can't wait ;)

    ReplyDelete