Tuesday, August 31, 2010

I grew up wanting a little girl, but...

it's watching movies like "The Sandlot" that make me so excited to have a little boy. 

Btw, I totally had a crush on Benny "the Jet" Rodriguez when I was younger.  

Ham Porter: You play ball like a giiirrrrrrrrl!
Phillips: What did you say?
Ham Porter: You heard me.
Phillips: Tomorrow. Noon, at our field. Be there, buffalo-butt breath.
Ham Porter: Count on it, pee-drinking crap-face!

I mean, how awesome are the quotes from that movie?  Other movies I would want Desmond to see are White Men Can't Jump and Rudy.  Billy's scared that if Desmond watches the Sandlot, he'll want to play baseball as a sport.  If so, then I guess we'd have to become fans...
Point is, there's something about little boys and their mothers...a special bond that's different from the bond mothers have with their daughters.  I hope that he grows up loving me and respecting me, just like my little brother John does with my mother.  He adores her and cares so much about her.  I think that's partly the reason he grew up to be such a great guy.  He never acted out and he always treated every girl he ever dated with respect.  He would do anything for my mother.  I want my son to care and love me that way, too.  So, I do look forward to playing "ball" with desmond and looking at worms and beetles and other gross things kids like to look at.  Ok...maybe I'm really not looking forward to all of that.  His dad can do those things with him, but I do look forward to watching those movies with him. 

1 comment:

  1. I used to catch lizards with my mom's tupperware. I'd cover it with tin foil and poke holes and ask to keep them as pets. I also liked to collect "rolly pollies" haha. I don't know if thats the official name (the grey bugs that have a bagillion legs and when they get scared they curl up into balls)...

    ReplyDelete