Friday, November 5, 2010

Open Letter to Desmond: 3 Months

Dear Desmond:

I can't believe we've made it this far!  It's been a bumpy ride, but I've loved every single second of it (in retrospect, at least).  You weigh about 10 lbs now and are about 24 inches long.  Your hair is getting fuzzier on the top, which is good, since it was pretty scarce to begin with.  Your face is filling out and your thighs are getting chunkier, which is good since I've been feeding you approximately every 1.5-2 hours.  Your eyes are starting to turn brown.  I wonder if they're going to be dark brown like mine or light brown like my mother's.  They're definitely not going to be blue like your dad's.


You're starting to become more interactive.  Whenever your dad is holding you, you look around the room for me.  You always want to know where I am and I swear your head rotates almost 180 degrees.  The other morning, I fell asleep breastfeeding you and your dad told me that you spent 5 whole minutes looking up at me while I slept.  It made me fall in love with you that much more.  It makes me think that you're starting to love me a bit more and more each day.

You still come to school with me sometimes and you're such a good baby when you do.  You're very quiet and you either stare intently at what's going on or you fall asleep.


You are doing such a great job holding your head up while you're on your stomach.  You can also stand for a few minutes at a time if I hold your hands.  You always get this look of extreme concentration and satisfaction when you stand up.  You love your playmat and are now able to grab at the toys.  It's so funny how a seemingly insignificant action (grabbing) can become the highlight of my day and make me seriously think that I have the smartest baby in the entire world.


You are starting to put your fists in your mouth constantly.  I guess it's pretty easy to fit your fist in your mouth if you don't have any teeth.  You're drooling a little bit more and making tons of spit bubbles.  You talk back to me a lot and will wait for me to finish what I'm saying before you start babbling.  It's adorable.  You're adorable.  Everything you do is adorable.  Even peeing on my side of the bed and pooping up and out of your diapers (which is understandable, since as of tonight, the longest you've gone without pooping is 7 days).  



I'm starting to talk to you more in Spanish so that you are able to understand the cadence and rhythms of the language.  I'm trying to get your dad to join in but he's hesitant to do so, says that his Spanish isn't that good, but I think it's just fine.


1 comment: