Saturday, June 5, 2010

Placenta is good to go!

We went to the hospital the other day for my ultrasound to google map the location of my placenta.  During my first ultrasound, it was lying way too close to my cervix and they were afraid that it would migrate south and cover the whole thing up, which would lead to a planned C-section.

So, we go in and the lady squirts the blue stuff on me and begins the ultrasound.  Nacho pretty much looks the same as before, except his beak mouth is less pronounced.  He wasn't as wiggly as he was during the first ultrasound, which is absolutely crazy because it's like having an octopus in my stomach right now. 

Poor little Nacho.  The lady was trying to get a good shot of my cervix but his head was in the way.  So she pushed, and pushed, and pushed to try to get him to move up, even making me lie all the way down on the bed on my back (which hurts me nowadays because of the weight of my belly on some vein or artery in there) and tilting it so my feet were higher than my head.  Little Nacho is a fighter.  He stood his ground.  This meant that instead of Mom wiping the goop off her abdomen, she had to wipe it off her in-betweens.  The lady decided to do a vaginal ultrasound to get a better look at my cervix.  It wasn't as bad as it seems, although I would have rather not gone through it at all. 

After the doctor looked at the pictures the tech took and said that the placenta had moved!  So, everything worked out in the end.

By the way, just in case any of you wonder what craziness is going on inside of me, I invite you to take a look at this representation of a woman's changing uterus and what it does to all of her other essential organs.  It's quite scary how it all fits and makes me wonder how women like my friend Annie (who's normally 4'11" and weighs <100lbs) fits a full-term baby inside of her.  I still don't get it.

No comments:

Post a Comment