Monday, January 10, 2011

HGL party

Christmas break was a blissful 1.5 weeks of spending time in a gorgeous house up on Capitol Hill (we were house sitting for some friends), having all sorts of people want to hold and see Desmond, and Billy not going to work.  To kick off the festivities of the season, Billy threw a Holiday party at Higher Ground Learning for his employees.  Since I'm a former (and sometimes current in an emergency) HGL employee, I tagged along.  He had it catered and there were these guys cooking the most delicious brunch, which included stuffed french toast, made-to-order omelets, bacon, potatoes, etc.  It was amazing! 

 Rocking the only dress that will fit me.

Most of the employees were there.  They're a really great group of people to work with.  They're all unique and have lots of fun.  I started working at HGL in 2007, so besides Billy, I'm the "oldest" tutor there.  And the only one with a kid.   And the only one who can say they slept with the boss (although in all honesty, he wasn't my boss at the time, just a co-worker).  

 The background is a Christmas Tree with mountains in the background.  


Unfortunately, finding quality female tutors to tutor students in physics, chemistry, biology, or advanced math is hard to do.  Hence, when Billy comes home and is extra nice to me, I know that he needs me to tutor someone in Spanish or Biology.  sigh.  I do it because I love him (and because the hour and a half outside of the house interacting with other people, even if it is a 15 year old, is fantastic).  

Our fake prom picture.  Billy's wearing a 3-piece corduroy suit he bought at a thrift store for $4.00.  

The best part of the party was that there was a guy walking around making sure that my glass of mimosa was filled.  This meant that at one point, I had to make Billy wear Desmond because I was feeling a little bit too cheerful.  I only had 3 mimosas!

 After the first...

 After the second...

And I'm done!  Look at Desmond's face...it's his first embarrassed face!

It's nice to be a part of such a great company.  One that provides free booze and can teach kids to learn real good :)

1 comment:

  1. Hahah you guys are funny. I love Billy's corduroy suit! What a steal!

    ReplyDelete