Saturday, October 22, 2011

Hotlanta

This post is just an excuse for me to post pictures of our trip to Atlanta a few weekends ago.  Billy had to attend a business conference there and I decided to tag along.  I had been to Atlanta years ago when I lived in Montgomery and only remembered going to the Underground Mall.  I wanted to visit the 3 Big Cs: Coca-Cola, CNN, and the CDC, but I just settled on CNN and Coca-Cola because I didn't want Desmond to embarrass me in front of public health professionals (a crying baby definitely does NOT get you any further when it comes to making connections and networking).


We used Airbnb again when we visited Atlanta.  We stayed in a suburb just east of the city that was only a few MARTA stops away from the city center.  It was a gorgeous house and we had a wonderful room and a big, beautiful bathroom.  We tried to tire Desmond out as much as we could so that by the time we got to the house, he would fall asleep easily (the owners stayed in another room for 2 out of the 3 nights that we were there.  Weird, yes, but we never saw them and the price to stay was only 70 bucks).  This picture is of their hammock in the backyard.

At the Atlanta Children's Museum.  He's wearing a little rain slicker thing and using the poles to "fish."

Going up the worlds largest, freestanding escalator to the CNN studios.

The News Room at CNN.  Much to my dismay, the Silver Fox (Anderson Cooper) only broadcasts from NYC.

Oh my God, the first time the Coca-Cola bear stepped out into the gathering area, Desmond's eyes lit up like nothing I've ever seen before.  He was so excited, all he could do was point at it repeatedly.  So, of course, we had to go see El Oso de Coca Cola.  I wasn't planning to buy the pictures.  But when I saw his happy little face, I knew I had to spend the $30 bucks for the set.  Billy didn't agree...but c'mon...look at his face!  (I, on the other hand, have seen much better days).  I sent this to my mom and she showed it to everyone she works with.  I was astonished because she works for PepsiCo.  She just said, "Don't worry.  I keep telling everyone that my grandson has betrayed me..." 

No comments:

Post a Comment