Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Transitions

It's July 26th and I haven't written a post in over a month.  Life has been crazy busy what with the move and all and I wish I had time to sit down and really marinate in my creative juices (what little I have of creative juices) and write, write, write.  I have these great, grand ideas about how much better I'm going to make my life; how much healthier I'm going to be because I'm going to eat better, learn how to ride a bike, and do yoga everyday; how much happier I'm going to be because I'm going to actively work on it every day; and how present I'm going to be as a mother to Desmond.

However, I keep pushing those ideas to the backburner every single day.  "Oh, tomorrow I'll start all of that.  Next week will be a perfect start week.  Oh, I can't start until Billy gets back to school.  I NEED a nanny before I can even think of starting any sort of self-imposed betterment program...etc"  It's always an excuse, right? 

I really hope that in the next few weeks I can unpack my house and get my act together so that I can get into the right mindframe to dish out awesome blog posts that I hope are helpful or at least slightly interesting to read for other people.  In the meantime, I will tell you that mothering hasn't gotten any easier for me.  Des is almost a year old and I'm downright clueless sometimes as to what to do with him.  He's using those vocal chords to the best of his ability (think Steven Tyler singing "Livin on the Edge") and has just started walking.  Some days he makes me want to sign up for therapy/meditation; other days, I'll get to that point but then he puts his head on my shoulder and "snuggles" me (he is NOT a cuddler at all) and then I melt and marvel at how evolution has made my son use his snuggle to pacify me at the height of my anger and frustration.  

I've got so much to talk about and I can't wait to start blogging again.  For those of you who still read this, thanks for being so cool to me and caring about my weird little life :)  With that, I'll leave you with some wonderful family pictures that we had taken by the most wonderful Evelyn Eslava of Evelyn Eslava Photography (check out her blog, too!)

With Bill's family: Grandpa Bruce, Grandma Donna, Auntie Kseniya, and Uncle Dan


Des is so lucky to have 5 amazing grandparents.  Here are 2 of them who have been rockstars in helping to take care of Desmond throughout the past year.



I definitely need to send this picture into a baby photo contest.









My guys are so handsome.



5 comments:

  1. Yay! I'm so excited to hear all about your life post-move! Hope everything went smoothly, and tell Billy good luck with school for us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha! Your Steven Tyler comparison was hilarious! I will think of Desmond every time I hear his new song now. Love the pictures, and hope you do get settled very soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. yeah! an update! i want to hear about the move and see pictures. will you also please email me your new address?

    i love the picture of all your feet. so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. love love love the pictures...
    the feet one is my fave too!
    also the one with you three in the field.
    miss you all.

    ReplyDelete