Monday, June 6, 2011

Best way to lose baby weight without really trying

Or at least not gain any new weight.

I have probably put Desmond in a stroller 4 times in his young little life.  He hates being strapped in and forced to recline/sit in things while Mommy and friends get to walk around and chit chat.  (although, carting a car seat/stroller combo in and out of your car is a workout in and of itself.)  I've pretty much always used a sling or a carrier to tote him around.  And that, my friends, is the secret for keeping postpartum weight to a manageable level.  Wear your kid.  As much as you can.  Go for a 15-minute walk and instead of pushing a stroller, wear your baby and now you've added a few extra pounds to your humdrum walk.  You'll be panting in no time.



Don't let wearing your baby lull you into a false sense of weight-loss security.  To maximize the benefits, you SHOULD also exercise and you SHOULD eat healthily.  I don't do enough of either, hence why my weight has floated just above or below my weight at 1 month of pregnancy.

Like I've said before, I try to find things to do that will include taking Desmond out and about, getting my walkercise in as well as experiencing something new.  Especially now that we're leaving in less than a month.  In the past few weeks, I've taken him out to Red Butte Gardens to teach him some botany, the Live Green Festival to teach him about being an eco-friendly baby, and the Living Traditions Festival to expose him to ethnic foods, music, and crafts. 


Taking a picture of Des while wearing him in the Ergo.

At RBG...I wish I had a house with a backyard like this.

At the Live Green Festival, in front of the bike rack.


At the Living Traditions Festival, listening to some soulful gospel singers.
So, go out and about and wear your baby on a walk.  You'll lose weight and your baby will love being close to you and part of your day-to-day interactions. 

No comments:

Post a Comment