Thursday, March 10, 2011

Trip to New Orleans

My goodness, how I love this city.  I don't know what it is, maybe the weather, the damp air that hangs around, the Spanish moss, shotgun houses.  It's definitely the food and drinks.  The city, rife with eclectic Spanish, French, and African history, enchants me each time I visit.  I can't wait to visit again.

I just bought a new DSLR camera (Canon) and took it with me on the trip and used it for the first time.  So, all of these pictures are sort of the first-time-user frenzy kind. 

My brother Andrew and Sister-in-law Stephanie in Ocean Springs
Waiting for the parade to start
Desmond's first time in a stroller.
Getting ready to go to the jazz brunch.
Jazz Brunch at Ralph's on the Park
Desmond heading in for the kiss with Sherrie.
He's got game.
This is my most favorite picture of him.
Desmond loves Cajun food: seafood gumbo, jambalaya, crawfish juice...
Balconies in the French Quarter.
Absinthe
Cathedral at Jackson Square
Jazz at Preservation Hall
Bye New Orleans!

1 comment: