Tuesday, February 22, 2011

P90X update

Ok, so we're at the start of our second month of P90X (we've done 28 days so far...) and, as I promised, I am posting the after pictures (with the awful before ones so that they can be compared).  However, we decided to take a P90X hiatus and the reason is pretty compelling: for 2 weeks, we've been traveling (to Washington D.C. and New Orleans, LA).  And everyone knows that the main reason I love to travel is to Eat, Eat, Eat (hello jambalaya and shrimp po' boys).  That and the fact that we are staying at other people's houses (check out www.airbnb.com) means that we can't do hour-long P90X sessions.  Plus, too many Mojitos and Bourbon Milk punches means I can't do a single jumping jack.  As a consequence, I have gained 3lbs in the last 2 weeks. 

So we utimately decided to start over.  *sigh*  But we are committed to finishing it.  AND, in only 30 days, I managed to up my push-ups from doing 10 or so on my knees to doing 12 on my toes!  So, that little victory alone is enough to motivate me to do it all in one go.








So, not a DRASTIC difference, but I feel like I have a few more muscle bumps than before.  
Totally worth it and a lot more fun that I thought it would be.  Don't get me wrong, it's tedious as hell, but once you're past week 1, it's smooth sailing.  not really. 

4 comments:

  1. Good job keeping up on the P90x! I've heard its brutal!
    Have you guys decided where you are moving to? Jon and I are excited to visit you wherever you go! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look great!!!!!!!! I'll P90x with you

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your body is not showing lot of difference in your body but there are many women which can shown up many differences in the structure of the body when they are pregnant.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Scarlett, would you be interested in climbing?
    Climbing will get you uber toned!!!

    ReplyDelete