Thursday, February 25, 2010

Butterflies, Nacho's kicks, or poop?

So, everyone who's been pregnant has told me that you won't recognize the first flutters of the baby moving at first.  I'm currently 17 weeks and 1 day along and I'm not sure what I'm feeling.  I get what I call a "nervous uterus."  It's the same as getting the butterflies before you have to do some public speech or the same as the nervous poops you get right before you get onstage for a performance. 

I'm getting all of those feelings in my lower stomach but since I'm not really sure where my intestines are at this moment, I don't know if it's the toots, the poops, or the baby.

Anybody out there who's been pregnant have any advice?

1 comment:

  1. fluttering is a good name for the first movements. I always thought it felt like a gentle poke or ripple and since the baby is small and has a lot of room, it is felt in many places along the uterus. Feeling those movements is such a beautiful part of pregnancy.

    ReplyDelete